Student LoansPlanning to go to college? As your lifetime financial home, Dupaco has partnered with Iowa Student Loan® to meet our members' needs for funding the cost of higher education.
Although financing your education may seem overwhelming at times, many types of financial aid are available. Dupaco offers supplemental private student loans to help you meet the cost of college.
Dupaco's Extra Credit Student Loan Program
Dupaco's Extra Credit Loan is a private student loan designed to supplement—not replace—federal, state and institutional financial aid to cover your expenses. It is available to students attending any eligible college or university provided all other eligibility requirements are met.
Dupaco Community Credit Union requests that you and your parents work with financial aid professionals at your respective college or university to ensure that you have first applied for all applicable forms of federal, state and institutional financial aid for which you are eligible, including federal student loans, prior to obtaining a private student loan. Accepting a private loan before utilizing other types of aid available may decrease your eligibility for federal, state and institutional aid.
Dupaco's Extra Credit Student Loan features:
Loan Option 1
- Transparent interest rates. You know your interest rate terms before you apply.
- Several payment plans once you do begin repayment to best fit your financial situation.
- A cosigner release after 48 months of on-time payments as long as the borrower meets the underwriting and credit criteria at the time the cosigner release is requested.
This loan option lets you postpone repayment until six months after you leave school, drop below half-time enrollment, or graduate.
Loan Option 2
This loan option requires you to make interest-only payments while you are enrolled at least half-time. This option also has a lower interest rate, which can save you money over the life of the loan.
General Guidelines for Dupaco’s Extra Credit Student Loan program
All applicants must:
Compare rates, fees, terms, and other loan information.
- Be a member or become a member of Dupaco Community Credit Union. Note: Once Dupaco Community Credit Union receives the loan application, applicants have 30 days to finalize their membership with the credit union.
- Be the age of majority in their state of residence at the time of application.
- Not have defaulted on any private or government education loan.
- Be attending any nonprofit, Title IV eligible, degree-granting, regionally accredited college, university or nonprofit school of nursing
- Be accepted, enrolled or attending on at least a half-time basis, as defined by the school, and making satisfactory academic progress in an eligible education program.
- Be a citizen or permanent resident of the United State. Cosigner(s) must be citizens of the United States.
Applying for Dupaco’s Extra Credit Student Loan
Dupaco Community Credit Union members must apply online for a private student loan. Not a member? No problem. View membership eligibility and even open your Dupaco account online!
Note: The loan servicer, Iowa Student Loan, will handle the processing and approval of your private student loan application.
Additional College Planning Assistance
If you are looking for information on planning for, paying for and succeeding in college, Dupaco recommends the Iowa College Access Network® (ICAN). ICAN offers free services, including assistance with completing the FAFSA, to students and their families. Visit www.ICANsucceed.org or call (877) 272-4692 for more information.
For loan service or more information, visit any Dupaco location, or contact our Consumer Loan Department at (563) 557-7600 / 800-373-7600, ext. 202, or email@example.com.